[Owncloud] ownCloud 5 encryption pre release

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri May 31 10:00:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

>> 4. Opening a big text file (an export of my Windows firewall rules), the
>> text editor shows garbage on some lines (see attached pictures. The
>> first shows the file with encryption disabled, the second with
>> encryption enabled). The garbage occurs in regular intervals several
>> times in the big file. The file itself seems to be ok, because the
>> downloaded file looks good.

I just did another test. When I create a textfile with owncloud's
texteditor (encryption enabled), everything is fine. The size of the
file doesn't matter. It can be stored an re-opened without problems.
When I create the file externally and upload it to owncloud, it looks
garbled in the texteditor.

Dirk