[Owncloud] Created scaffolding tool

Bernhard Posselt nukeawhale at gmail.com
Thu May 30 08:02:04 UTC 2013

To clear some confusion:

Scaffolding is used to quickly create new files and folders for your
app. It helps you to get rid of repetitive stuff, like

* create a controller
* copy over controller code
* ajdusting code
* create a test for it
* copy over test code
* adjust test code

This will likely be doable with one line (not yet implemented ;) ):

owncloud.py controller TestController

My personal motivation for that is that i have to write way less
boilerplate code in the documentation, it allows me to get rid of a ton
of stuff, i dont have to reference templates and tell users what to
replace. I can simply tell them: If you want to develop an app do:

sudo pip install owncloud_scaffolding && owncloud.py startapp my_app

Its also easy to integrate best practices :)