[Owncloud] default storage

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Wed May 29 12:14:37 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 04:46:19 AM Vieri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I setup owncloud with LDAP authentication and external storage (via
> SMB/CIFS) for everyone. The server where owncloud is installed should not
> store any user files at all. All files should be within external storage.
> How can I make sure that no user data is written to the owncloud server's
> disk?
>
> If I go to the USERS listing, I can see a "default storage" menu with an
> "others" option. Can I set 0 in there? (of course, users should be able to
> upload anything to the external storage resources just as long as the SMB
> servers allow that - but that's beyond owncloud's scope)

I believe it will deactivate uploads.

You can mount another file storage on you server and have an LDAP attribute
ready for the location on the owncloud server (per user). Point to it using
"User Home Folder Naming Rule" (see
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/admin_manual/configuration/auth_ldap.html#special-attributes )

Cheers
Arthur