[Owncloud] Proxy-firewall denies windows-client

Marcos Mezo mmezo at selexco.net
Wed May 29 08:37:46 UTC 2013

I'm just a follower of the mailing list and testing OwnCloud myself for
a few months, so no expert here.

 From what I see ,you are using a proxy and when using the web browser
it validates "automagically" with NTLM.

As far as I know, but maybe things have changed, with client version 1.2
onwards proxy auth is supported, but only with basic authentication, not
with NTLM. Quoting a mail from this mailinglist from 17/1/2013:
------
today we released the ownCloud Client 1.2.0 beta 2 which includes the
following improvements and new features since beta 1:

- Fix proxy authentication (Basic auth, NTLM will not yet work)
- The status dialog now provides statistics on the last sync run (via
the info button)
------

I have not seen any further anouncements regarding this issue, so I
asume it might not be working yet.

¿Does this make sense?

Marcos