[Owncloud] ownCloud 5 encryption pre release

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Mon May 27 11:54:06 UTC 2013

On 05/27/2013 11:29 AM, Chris wrote:
>> This affects master only. OC5 should work.
>
> Thanks for this info. Then you will have a beta tester on Thursday this week
> to test the upgrade path from OC 4.5.11 with encrypted files to the
> pre-release.

Earlier today I discovered a upgrade bug which also affects the
pre-release (OC5). There is already a pull request to fix the issue[1].

I would recommend to apply the patch before you test it. The crucial fix
is in line 616 of  apps/files_encryption/lib/crypt.php, see
https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/3504/files#L1R616

[1] https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/3504

Cheers,
Björn