[Owncloud] Need help in Mounting Swift on Owncloud (object creation fails)

Sasikanth Eda sasikanth.ece at gmail.com
Sun May 26 09:57:58 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am a newbie, using Swift to mount on owncloud-5.0.6. Here is my
configuration and problems faced;

Configuration:
host    = 10.0.1.2:8080/auth/v1.0
user    = test2:tester2
token  = testing2
root     = /AUTH_test2/
secure = false

With this present configuration, I was able to see Green indication in the
browser and using the fix noted at
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/2698 I was able to see the files
tab. After this configuration, the problems noted below;

Container Problems:

1. If a container is created using owncloud, it is getting displayed in GET
request to obtain the list of containers. But when tried to PUT an object
to this container created using curl request says resource not found.

2. Modification of container name created using owncloud, does not work.

Object Problems:

1. If object is created on swift using curl request, object is getting
created sucessful but are not viewed on owncloud page

2. If object (say a text file) is created using owncloud, the file is not
getting created even on owncloud page (ERROR stating file cannot be created
-- this error is not getting stored on owncloud.log)

Please help me out in understanding whether, my configuration is correct or
not ? and solutions / hints for the above mentioned problems

--
Sasikanth