[Owncloud] Use OpenID User backend App correctly

Visitha Baddegama visithauom at gmail.com
Sat May 18 04:59:47 UTC 2013

Hi All,

We are trying to connect two ownCloud instances. Then user can
download files which are shared by another separate ownCloud instance.
Here we divided our development into three phases.
First to give authentication via OpenID, then do authorization and
finally efficient file synchronization between two instance using
TAPER protocol.

We have already implemented authentication part using PHP OpenID
Library[1] and redirect openID service provider(eg. myopenid.com) for
authentication. And we also do authentication via Google and Facebook.
But we thought to establish an openID server/ service provider with
each ownCloud instance without using third party service provider.

Therefore we enabled to use OpenID user backend app and used the open
Id url provided under the personal user information. But when we use
that url address at a site [2] which provides open id authentication,
it gives an error like "Sorry, the OpenID server couldn't be found".
It is said that we can authenticate to other sites using that url
address. Please tell us how to use that app correctly and authenticate
via that address.

Thanks in Advance.!

[1].  http://janrain.com/openid-enabled/
[2].  https://secure.clearbits.net/users