[Owncloud] Partitioning users

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Tue May 14 19:43:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

using the special attribute "User home folder naming rule" in LDAP you
can put your users into different disk partitions, which is nice if you
need to be able to scale up.

So the data for user_A can be on /mnt/partition_1/data
and for user_B it can be on /mnt/partition_2/data

Everything (sharing between user_A and user_B) seem to work all right.

If user_B doesn't share anything with other users, I can even move the
data between partition_1 and partition_2:
1. log out user_B
2. change the value of the "User home folder naming rule" attrib in LDAP
for user_B
3. move files of user_B between partitions on the filesystem
4. clear the LDAP cache (login as admin and change the Cache time to
live value to something else then Save the new settings)
5. log in as user_B

This seems to work too, user_B will see all files (although records show
up in oc_storages and oc_filecache for both partitions).

However, if user_B shares a file with user_A and I do the above, user_A
will not see the file anymore after the move (will get redirected to
'home' of the files page). What records should be changed in the oc db
so that sharing won't get broken?

One more question: how do you force file system scanning in oc 5 without
deleting all records from oc_filecache?

					Yours: Laszlo