[Owncloud] Thoughts on converting a Chromebook to an Ownbook

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Tue May 14 19:32:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

that's interesting. I would switch to a chromebook connected to my ownCloud immediately.
Unfortunately this would require some work.

Your ownCloud has to provide OAuth so that you can use your ownCloud credentials to log into your chromebook. Than ownCloud has to provide all kind of Google API to sync the configuration for example. I don't know if this is an open protocol.
And then your ownCloud server has to provide Chrome WebApps for all the installed ownCloud Apps so that you can use your ownCloud for example for managing files.

ChromeOS has to be patched to authenticate against your server of course which is tricky because of code signing.

Would be awesome if someone would work on that.

Frank