[Owncloud] Disk quota problem

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Fri May 10 21:27:39 UTC 2013

Running on CentOS 6.4 with ownCloud 5.0.5

User uploaded, via a MacOS client, a 916Mb file.  He then, with the web
gui, moved the file out of the clientsync folder to a another folder
named shared.  He then shared that folder out via URL link. After
outside client downloaded the file, he then removed the shared link.
Then went in and removed the 916Mb file via the web gui.

Problem, is that ownCloud is still showing his quota at 2.5Gb used when
it should be 1.6Gb after deleting the file.  The file doesn't show up
when he clicks the "Deleted Files" button either.  Here is listing of
his directory:

446M    cache
1.6G    files
8.0K    files_external
712K    files_trashbin
25M    files_versions
2.8M    gallery
104K    lucene_index
4.0K    mount.json

As you can see his files usage is 1.6Gb and not 2.5Gb.  So couple
questions, why did the file not show up in the "Deleted Files" area?
And how can I get ownCloud to report the correct disk quota usage?

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'