[Owncloud] Use external Storage only

Henning Schuster henning.schuster at gmx.de
Wed May 8 12:09:41 UTC 2013

Hi List,

I' running ownCloud 5.05. All files uploaded by my users should go to an external storage location. There shouldn't be any files stored locally on the server running ownCloud. I activated the external storage app and configured it to talk to a FTP server. My users see a new folder with name "FTP" in ownCloud. But I would like them to use the FTP share as their root directory.

In other words: I would like to replace the local storage with a remote storage (e. g. a FTP share) for all my users.

Best,
Henning