[Owncloud] Trying to understand how client started to delete files

kfx kadafax at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:09:46 UTC 2013

Hi list,

First, I am fairly certain that it is not an owncloud fault.
Here what happens: an user came to me saying that files were missing in
his owncloud's synchronized folder. A look at the server logs showed me
a lot of DELETE requests indeed. After investigation, it appears that
this user was in the same time using Unison to synchronise the very same
folder (and so the .csync_journal.db file).
So here is my question: is it possible that owncloud client arbitrary
start to delete files locally and on the server if the .csync_journal.db
files is corrupted as Unison's cynchronisation messed with it.

Thanks,
kfx