[Owncloud] contacts VCV REV field update problem

Ismail YENIGUL ismail.yenigul at surgate.com
Fri May 3 09:13:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

We developed a outlook contacts and calendar sync from a caldav/carddav
server.
We are making tests on owncloud. There is no problem with  calendar part.
But we have a problem about update date of the contacts. We create a vcf
file on the client side that contains REV field like the following

PRODID:-//ownCloud//NONSGML Contacts 0.2.5//EN
*REV:2013-04-29T13:40:53+00:00*
FN:Yusuf Cemal
N:Cemal;Yusuf;;

When we upload this file to owncloud via DAV. Owncloud does not take
care of this field and inserts own "last change date" to the database.
This causes continues update for the same contacts on the outlook side.
Is there any way to disable auto update of last change on the owncloud
side  if the REV is defined in VCF file.

It seems that the problem is at the following lines:
# vi apps/contacts/lib/vcard.php

  /**
         * @brief Tries to update imported VCards to adhere to rfc2426
(VERSION: 3.0) and add mandatory fields if missing.
         * @param aid Address book id.
         * @param vcard A Sabre\VObject\Component of type VCARD (passed
by reference).
         */
         protected static function *updateValuesFromAdd*($aid, &$vcard)
{ // any suggestions for a better method name? ;-)

  }
                 if(self::trueUID($aid, $uid)) {
                         $vcard->{'UID'} = $uid;
                 }
*$now = new \DateTime;**
**                $vcard->{'REV'} = $now->format(\DateTime::W3C);*
         }

Thanks

--
Signature