[Owncloud] Idea for GSoC 2013 Webhost in the cloud static pages

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Thu Mar 28 08:13:33 UTC 2013

Hi Ashish,

On Thursday 28 March 2013 05:33:30 Ashish Singh wrote:
> [...]
> My proposal for OwnCloud software is the integration of a webhost(static
> pages)
> [...]

the idea of a simple "homepage app" has been brought up some month before.
I like that idea, since it does not require the user to install a some
separate software or files and keeps things inside a single framework. And
from my point of view a personal presentation / personal homepage is part of
personal information management. Which is why I think it does fit in.

However I wonder why you want to restrict the features to static pages only?
I'd suggest to take a look around for some very basic and easy to use simple
cms engine that can be integrated into ownCloud as an app. Sounds much more
convenient to use to me for ordinary users compared to having to write static
html pages by hand and upload them. I am sure there is some simple engine
available with a matching license.

What do you think?

Christian Reiner (arkascha) (arkascha)