[Owncloud] upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0 lost all files

Andrei Mikhailovsky andrei at arhont.com
Wed Mar 27 10:54:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I've read the thread and followed the instructions to delete the filecache from db. Once the filecache has been removed I've logged back in to the web interface and it has populated the data. However, I was still missing the data from two folders worth about 2-3GB. These two folders were completely empty.

Following that I have checked my client pc and found that I still had files on my local pc in the ownCloud/Shared folder. I've fired up the ownCloud client application with the hope that it would reupload everything back to the server. However, instead of doing that it has completely removed files from my pc. I have not only lost the files from the two folders, but pretty much from all the folders apart from one folder which had the old data which hasn't been touched for over a year. As of now all my data is lost!!!! I do not see them on the server and they are also now missing from my local pc.

How could this happen? Why did the owncloud client remove everything from my local pc instead of syncing it back to the server? Could someone suggest how to recover my data?

Thanks

Andrei