[Owncloud] syncing layer of ownCloud

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Wed Mar 27 10:23:53 UTC 2013

Hello,

Apologies if this message does not belong to this list - please refer me elsewhere if needed.

We would like to get an in-depth understanding how the syncing layer in ownCloud works.

To make it short, here are a few meta-questions to get us started (after a reasonable googling time we have no definitive answers):

 - git source at http://www.csync.org seems to be lagging behind ocsync-0.70.4 downloaded from https://owncloud.org/sync-clients:
       - where is ocsync-0.70.4 developed (github?)
       - where the issues should be reported (via mirall github?)
 - where is the place to discuss features, problems and testing of ocsync (this list?) ?
 - what is the current relation of ocsync, csync and owncloud projects and what is the intended/future relation

And now few "real" questions:

 - how is ocsync currently tested? stress/scalability tested? any resources to help get us started?
 - does ocsync talk to ocserver via a special protocol to propagate metadata or only via a standard file transfer protocol(s)?

Many thanks,

kuba