[Owncloud] Backup of Addressbook

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Fri Mar 22 12:37:50 UTC 2013

On Friday 22 March 2013 11:25:42 André Schild wrote:
> Am 22.03.2013 10:07, schrieb Chris Green:

> >> You can also just append '?export' to the CardDAV url as in:
> >>
> >> http://owncloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/klass/contacts?export
> >
> > Is there some sort of CardDAV standard (an RFC even) which says what all
> > the various forms or URL should do?  There do seem to be quite a few
> > ways of addressing a CardDAV server which aren't at all obvious.

The export thing is an addition to SabreDAV:
http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/wiki/VCFExportPlugin

> Not sure if anyone uses this,
> but the RFC would be 6764
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6764

That would be the one, and everyone that implements a CardDAV client or server
follows it. Some better than others ;)

There are different ways for exposing your *DAV resources, which are described
pretty well in http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/wiki/ServiceDiscovery

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Tanghus