[Owncloud] Backup of Addressbook

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Mar 21 21:12:21 UTC 2013

On 21.03.2013 21:42, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> Klaas Freitag <freitag at owncloud.com> wrote:
>> how would I do a backup of an address book in ownCloud?
>
> This is a joke, right?
If I want to joke, I try to do interesting ones ;-)

> I could make a lousy response involving github, but I won't: -P
Sure, go ahead. But I have my private opinion on all that: Having people
telling others who should communicate where and what is not really my
idea of project and communication at all. So, TBH, I tend to ignore
that, even on the danger of being punished for that ;-P

Communication is somehow voluntary. Somebody 'says' something, and
others respond or do not. Sure, that all can and should be done in a
efficient and polite way (which means on mailinglists "stay on topic and
on purpose of the list") and I try to do that, but... well, this was an
efficient way I thought. And of course I am fine with everybody who is
not answering this question ;-)

> Go to contacts -> configure address books -> click on the download link on the line with the address book you'd like to backup.
Thanks, that helps, if I can do that via curl.

regards,

Klaas