[Owncloud] Discussions on the ML

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Thu Mar 21 16:09:41 UTC 2013

Back when we only had a mailing list, we really needed a separate issue
tracker because issues tracking doesn’t work on mailing lists. The issue
tracker we have now is great because it’s connected with the code and easy
to work with. And we get less problem reports on the mailing list, which is
good, because the mailing list is not suited for problem reports. Old
threads get lost and people wonder why their problem is not attended to.

Back when we didn’t have a forum the mailing list was swamped with users
asking the same questions over and over again. Now that we have the forum
there is a point of reference and users helping users. Code issues bubble
up and are referred to us by Mark.

There is a reason why we have all three platforms. The single point of
contact is http://owncloud.org