[Owncloud] About Bootstrap and ownCloud

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Wed Mar 20 14:08:39 UTC 2013

On 20.03.2013 13:57, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
>   Not many apps have fully transitioned to what I’d say is the
> design direction we’re going for (namely it’s only News and Notes for now,
> and even they are not completely finished and working).
Where can we read and learn about the "design direction we're going for"
so that we're able to pick the best framework and design our new route
with it?

Generally it's a wise move to pick a good framework to build on, even if
that means to make compromises. You also do not skip Qt in a C++ project
just because you wont need QXml and write the other classes you need
quickly yourself. Thats stairway to hell.

Every line of code which is maintained professionally elsewhere is a
good one. And in turn: Every line that we have to maintain is one that
keeps us off the beach. That is not a good idea.

regards,
Klaas