[Owncloud] [opensuse-project] Re: ownCloud/openSUSE collaboration for GSoC 2013

Qingping Hou dave2008713 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:35:53 UTC 2013

Hi Xu Zhao,

Great to know that you wanna help :)

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM, 赵旭 <nuklly at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be great if I can help build owncloud mobile apps that supports
> Firefox OS or other platforms.

If you have experience in JS before, Firefox OS might be a good platform for
you.

> If there's anyone who would like to take charge of this project and do the
> mentor work, we can have a discussion.

Alessandro (zimba12) and Bernhard (Raydiation) will probably mentor this
project, so you might want to have a further talk with them.

> This would be my first year attending Google SOC. What should I do if I want
> to get better chance of being chosen? Should I prepare my PS/resume, or just
> do some code preparation and add my name on the opensuse wiki?

I would recommend focusing more on code, would be even better if you start
contributing to ownCloud from now :) A working code/patch worth more than
PS/resume in my opinion. But I am not a mentor, so that's just my 2 cents ;p