[Owncloud] minimum required memory in php

Martin Mazur martin at barbara-und-martin.de
Mon Mar 18 15:25:17 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

During the weekend I tried to update to OC 5 but it failed. Basically
I had a problem with many files not showing up on the webinterface and
sync client but on the harddrive. Since I had no war to do a rescan of
the filesystem I reverted to oc 4.5.8 - which worked OK.

I now try to find out what went wrong and why the files do not show
up. I found that other people run into the same trouble [1]. In the OC
log I found an entry that I ran out of memory. Since I have a small
machine, I have configured php5 to only use 25 MB of memory....which
seem to be too less. So is there any lower limit on php memory to be
used? 512 MB as "suggested" by .htaccess is not an option for me,
since I only have 256 MB...

Thanks & best regards,

Martin

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2013-March/008109.html