[Owncloud] CardDAV address books listing. Was: Name of app repositories

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Mon Mar 18 13:14:28 UTC 2013

On 03/18/2013 11:50 AM, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
>> When I try to access my contacts through any PC in a browser it displays the
>> following ...
>> This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with
>> it. The document tree is shown below. <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:"
>> xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
>> <s:exception>Sabre_DAV_Exception_MethodNotAllowed</s:exception>
>> <s:message>Listing members of this collection is disabled</s:message>
>> <s:sabredav-version>1.6.6</s:sabredav-version>
>> </d:error>
>> Can anyone advise or guide please ?
>
> You are probably accessing the address books as
>
> /remote.php/carddav/addressbooks
>
> Which is not allowed. You have to append the use name to the URL:
>
> /remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/aqgwala
>
> Or whatever your username is :)

This is documented somewhere on the owncloud website. It is worth noting
however, that some clients can be set up with shorter URLs. E.g. I use
CardDAV-sync and CalDAV-sync on an Android tablet (both work as
expected), and yesterday I realized, you can set up syncing with
owncloud in CardDAV-sync with a URL:

/remote.php/carddav

The developer of CardDAV calls it "auto provisioning":
http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Auto-provisioning

But other clients need the full path as described in the official docs
of owncloud.

					Yours: Laszlo