[Owncloud] IMAP authentication via user_external

Sven Radde sven at radde.name
Fri Mar 15 21:13:27 UTC 2013

Hi there,

Since I'm running owncloud (5, since yesterday) alongside my IMAP
server, I would like to authenticate using IMAP instead of creating all
users again for owncloud.

It seems to work fine (I can login using an IMAP user's credentials),
however the logfile fills up with many messages like this (it's like
before I found how to activate the user_external app):
{"app":"core","message":"User backend OC_User_IMAP not
found.","level":3,"time":1363381542}

The relevant section of config.php looks like this:
'user_backends'=>array(
  array(
    'class'=>'OC_User_IMAP',
    'arguments'=>array('{localhost/imap/notls}INBOX')
  )
),

Any ideas about those log messages?

cu, Sven