[Owncloud] My experience with upgrade to 5.0

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Fri Mar 15 11:00:52 UTC 2013

On 03/15/2013 11:51 AM, Gronies, Thomas wrote:
> It was only at the first time.

I suppose it has something to do with the FileCache.

> For now it is working as expected.
> I was wondering that I couldn't login with my LDAP account after the upgrade. A login with the local Admin account was no problem. But in the user list there were only local users. Then I checked the LDAP config, but everything was correct there. A configuration test was successful. Then I deleted user and group filter entries saved this and filled it with the old parameter and saved it again. Maybe the last action forced the module to rebuild the user database?

Mh.. maybe somehow the cache was filled with empty results, a Settings
save empties the cache.
It is strange, I also heard other reports stating such issues. Atm  i am
not sure why, but this will be figured out. Thanks for the hint.

> While the whole time several synclients (LDAP user) failed to connect.
> Anyhow, now it works fine.

Sorry for the bad update experience :(

Cheers
Arthur