[Owncloud] My experience with upgrade to 5.0

Gronies, Thomas gronies at uni-wuppertal.de
Fri Mar 15 06:15:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

yesterday I upgraded my installation to 5.0. Actually I use only the file sync functionality. These are the issues I mentioned:

1.       It took approx. 20 minutes until a user that is authenticated by LDAP could login. Why? Does the LDAP module rebuild its cache completely before a user can login? Our LDAP contain approx. 20k entries and I filter to a group of 40 members.

2.       All files in the users root directory are missing on the web interface. But they exist on the filesystem. On the web interface I can only see the folders syncclient and shared. The files in clientsync remain as they were before the upgrade.

3.       All shares from other users are missing, means the folder shared is empty after upgrade.

How does the clamav function work? What are the prerequisite<http://dict.leo.org/#/search=prerequisite&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on>s? I can't enable the antivirus app. Is it already documented? I'm using Debian Squeeze, clamav is installed.

Regards,
Thomas Gronies