[Owncloud] issues with OC 5.0

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Thu Mar 14 17:33:12 UTC 2013

I upgraded one instance of OC to 5.0 and it worked without issue.
However, another larger instance (still only around 50GB) is having some
trouble.
First, one user that has about 40GB of data is caught in a "Upgrading
filesystem cache" loop.  The progress bar gets about 4/5 the way across
and starts over.  MySQL/Apache are busy, so it seems to be doing
something, but if it is, it is taking a very long time.

Secondly, on this second instance, I get a Setup Warning on the admin
page: "Your web server is not yet properly setup to allow files
synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken. "

However, both of these instances are on the same server, and they both
have (what seem to be) identical configs.
Going to the webdav URL in a browser on the broken instance returns this:
<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
<s:exception>Sabre_DAV_Exception_NotFound</s:exception>
<s:message>File with name /gdrive could not be located</s:message>
<s:sabredav-version>1.7.5</s:sabredav-version>
</d:error>

The user who is "stuck" on upgrading filesystem cache actually has a
folder named "gdrive". Could these issues be related?  The "broken"
webdav error affects other users on the instance as well.

Trey Nolen