[Owncloud] Need help triaging bugs in the apps repo

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Thu Mar 14 14:22:17 UTC 2013

Alessandro, yes this is kind of my point. The embryonic apps will be in the
»apps« repo (the apps-playground isn’t really used anyway and just makes
stuff more complex).

Thomas:
A new repo with just the shipped apps might alleviate the symptoms but not
really solve the problem. Actually it will be the same problem as before:
Mixed issues and commits and pull requests and an unfiltered mess.

Calendar, Contacts and Tasks might have some technical similarities but
should be split code-wise. People can and should be able to use each of
them independently (or not), so they have lots of different issues. If
there are cross-dependencies or reuse opportunities, then define a clear
API (or whatnot) – we should split apps more to encourage better
interoperability, not mash them together. Issues can easily be interlinked
on Github.

And don’t forget, there can always be a 3rd-party Calendar, Contacts or
Tasks app which is better than the »core« one, so we shouldn’t act like
there’s the grand trifecta of set »PIM« apps which we set.