[Owncloud] Need help triaging bugs in the apps repo

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Thu Mar 14 13:43:51 UTC 2013

Clearly, this will be much easier with each app (at least the ones which
get shipped, like Calendar, Contacts etc) in their own repo. Just have
http://github.com/owncloud/contacts and http://github.com/owncloud/calendar
Clear issue distinction, pull requests, git history and people working on
it. We moved Mail out of the mess which is the apps repo and the experience
is great.

I still think we should take things slow though. There’s no need for a
rapid transition. But if you’re a developer of a shipped app inside the
apps repo, you might want to consider if it’s better for your workflow (and
to attract contributors) to have a dedicated repo for your app, inside the
ownCloud organisation.

Thoughts, Georg, Thomas, Brice, Robin?