[Owncloud] Introducing device tracking feature to ownCloud was: ideas for GSoC 2013

Qingping Hou dave2008713 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:51:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Bernhard Posselt <nukeawhale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding PUT: PHP does not support it officially and the solutions are a
> bit hacky so I chose to not implement them.
> The global variables are passed to the Request class:
>
> https://github.com/owncloud/apps/blob/master/appframework/dependencyinjection/dicontainer.php#L61
>
> and accessed in the controller
>
> https://github.com/owncloud/apps/blob/master/appframework/controller/controller.php#L77
>
> I'll add more globals like $_SERVER for the next release, not sure about PUT
> and DELETE though. If there is a clean, bugfree and working solution, we
> could include it ;)

Thanks for the links and explanation, it's clear for me now.

> The addHeader method is correct for now because I forgot to provide/didnt
> think of a NotFoundResponse :) there could also be a 403 response named
> ForbiddenResponse. Easy to implement and unittest, im looking forward to a
> potential PR ;)

I would like to take this junior job :)

My question is should NotFoundResponse and ForbiddenResponse return null or
user defined contents on render call? If users can also control render output,
then I am not sure which base class should I choose for them. Because user
might want to render template or json or just plaintext.