[Owncloud] Encryption in OC 5

Saint Germain saintger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:34:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 22:34:41 +0000, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote :

> On 13/03/2013 09:17, Saint Germain wrote:
>
> > The free backup softwares tahoe-LAFS and Obnam are currently using
> > client-side encryption with deduplication.
>
> Tahoe-lafs seems like an good fit for owncloud? I see it was rejected
> in the past, any reason why?

My apologies, I was maybe a little misleading. Tahoe-LAFS can be used
as a backup software but it is not is primary objective.
It is a distributed and secured storage system, so it is mainly used
with several storage nodes.
As such, I don't think that it is fit for being the primary storage
system for owncloud. However it could be a good option/extension.

Hope that help.