[Owncloud] Introducing device tracking feature to ownCloud was: ideas for GSoC 2013

Qingping Hou dave2008713 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 20:39:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:27 AM, Thomas Tanghus <thomas at tanghus.net> wrote:
> I haven't studied Prey much, but will this still use their service, or will it
> run independably on ones ownCloud instance?
> The latter would of course be the awesomest ;)

Glad that you like it :)

It will be a standalone ownCloud app. We want to take complete control
over own our own data, that's why we use ownCloud ;p

The sad news is I cannot figure out how to choose alternative server in Prey's
android app. But since it's opensource, we can easily hack on it. The desktop
come with config file that can specify any control panel server though.