[Owncloud] Introducing device tracking feature to ownCloud was: ideas for GSoC 2013

Qingping Hou dave2008713 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:44:52 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I finshed the first version of Prey control panel app for ownCloud:
https://github.com/houqp/ownPrey

It's a reimplementation of following control panel:
https://github.com/prey/prey-standalone-control-panel

It's using appframework, so you have to enable the framework first
before using it.

After I went through their node js code, I find that the ruby one is
too simple and lacks some of the feature. They are even a little bit
different in terms of communication protocol. Since Preyproject did
not release the protocol document, I will have to first study their
client code and add all the features back to my app later.

Cheers,
houqp