[Owncloud] Encryption in OC 5

Saint Germain saintger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:17:31 UTC 2013

On 13 March 2013 08:20, Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at spacescience.ro> wrote:

>> See https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/106
>> for client-side encryption proposals, and links to working solution in
>> other projects (mailvelope; zerobin; mega)
> Thanks for info!!!

Hello,

I wrote an article on backup software with deduplication last year.

Encryption (client-side) with deduplication is possible:
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/7142/online-backup-how-could-encryption-and-de-duplication-be-compatible

The free backup softwares tahoe-LAFS and Obnam are currently using
client-side encryption with deduplication.

Hope that help !