[Owncloud] What are the rules for merging Contacts (and appointments for that matter)?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sun Mar 10 14:32:35 UTC 2013

What does owncloud do when you import vCards which might be duplicates?

I thought I saw some configuration somewhere that related to whether it
always replaced cards with the same E-Mail (or alternatively the same
First/Last Name) or added a new entry or offered to merge them.

However that might have related to another program completely as I have
been playing with quite a few recently.  :-)

So, anyway, what are the rules regarding what happens when (possible)
duplicate vCards are loaded into owncloud whether using import or just
the standard synchronisation?

Firstly what field (or fields) are used to determine whether a vCard is
for the same person and then how is the decision made to decide which to
keep?

Presumably the 'which to keep' decision is fairly simple, one just uses
the newer vCard.

--
Chris Green