[Owncloud] Python CLI client in github.

Craig Sawyer csawyer at yumaed.org
Sun Mar 10 02:52:21 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Craig Sawyer <csawyer at yumaed.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Alessandro Cosentino <cosenal at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> @Craig: is the python client actually a CLI client? I had people
>> asking me if there is a CLI client for owncloud many times, so that
>> would be great.
>>
> <CUT>

I found some time, and cleaned it up a little bit, and pushed it to github:

https://github.com/csawyerYumaed/pyOwnCloud

It's only been tested on Ubuntu Linux, tho in theory it should work ok on
anything you can get libocsync working on.  Tho I may need to change the
DLL call if it's on Windows, I'm not sure, and haven't tried.

I use the Mirall cfg file location/format by default (thanks Klaas for
pointing me at it), but I accept a bunch more things in the cfg file if
it's there.  I haven't actually tested if Mirall is OK with all these extra
things in the cfg file.  It could be a problem.  Also, I don't support the
folders/.  I only work on 1 folder at a time.

It's there to be played with. I am not all license knowledgeable, but I use
a GPL library (libocsync), so I assume all of this code is also GPL.  I'll
have to double check all of that before I attach a license to it.  I'd
prefer BSD license, not GPL license if I had my choice.  Either way, it
will be 1 of the 2.

I released it as version 0.1, it does no checking against the libocsync it
finds to make sure it supports ownCloud, or even the later versions or
anything, I welcome knowledge on how to go about doing that. I consider it
at the barely working stage. :)

-Craig