[Owncloud] Hello :) What we are doing with ownCloud.

Craig Sawyer csawyer at yumaed.org
Sat Mar 9 05:25:00 UTC 2013

LOL. Sounds like there is a desire.  I will work on cleaning it up, and
making it more... hospitable to use.  Today I got it to finally work, I had
a big fight getting the auth_callback stuff to finally work right for me
(what is required for using email addresses as usernames from a client
perspective it turns out).  Hopefully I can push to github a rough, barely
usable, mess of code next week.

As for a CLI client, ocsync with the owncloud module works as a CLI client
directly, you don't have to do anything extra.. but it doesn't allow email
usernames, I don't know C very well, but I know python, so instead of
trying to fix the C client, I just ported the mirall csyncthread.cpp stuff
into python (since Mirall eats email usernames fine).. but I don't use
threads, I skipped that part.. :)

I used ctypes code generation for the library, so it's bare-bones, right at
the C level.  There isn't anything above that at this point, don't get your
hopes up for a nice python API... it's not there currently :)

I have a question for you on the Mirall linux client.  How do you store the
password?  I'd like to use the same stuff, to make it interoperability
easier. At the moment I'm using 0400 dot files in the home dir.  I welcome
better plans for password storage.

-Craig