[Owncloud] Hello :) What we are doing with ownCloud.

Craig Sawyer csawyer at yumaed.org
Sat Mar 9 05:06:26 UTC 2013

Well, that is a different beast all together, and is about authenticating
them.  I tried some of the external authentication stuff, and none of it
worked.. I don't know a lot about PHP, so I didn't go digging about trying
to figure out why, I just changed how I do things, and I auth against the
DB directly.

So I only care about the username being an email address.  The password
*happens* to be their email password as well, but according to ownCloud,
it's just the standard stock DB call to authenticate against.  I push my
email passwords thru phpass, and into the DB directly myself, whenever
people change their passwords.

I would like to change that around, and move ownCloud to my centralized CAS
authentication system, but I haven't gotten that far, and the CAS app
didn't work out of the box magically for me. It isn't an official app and
has big warnings all over it, so I just assumed it wasn't quite ready yet.
When it is ready, I'll switch! :)

-Craig