[Owncloud] 3rdparty repository

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Fri Mar 8 09:52:25 UTC 2013

I was about to add a jQuery library to the Mail app and then thought that
we need it for other things too. (The library automatically increases the
size of a textarea if text overflows, getting rid of intermittent
scrollbars.

So initially I wanted to add it to the Mail app js folder, but then I
thought it should be in core/js. But then, hey we have a repo called
3rdparty for that, right? Now the confusing part is that most 3rdparty JS
libraries indeed are in core/js (jQuery, lots of jQuery plugins etc) and
not in 3rdparty (only chosen and jQuery UI timepicker really).

How’s the plan on moving forward with this?
Short term: I should add the library to 3rdparty, right?
Long term: Should we move 3rdparty JS libraries (like jQuery) out of core
and into 3rdparty?