[Owncloud] ownCloud Client: Drop support for Qt 4.6

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Mar 6 14:19:38 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, March 06, 2013 14:47:44 Thomas Müller wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, dem 06.03.2013 um 14:45 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> > On Wednesday, March 06, 2013 14:20:42 Klaas Freitag wrote:
> > > for various reasons we would like to drop support for Qt 4.6 in the
> > > ownCloud Client.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > In other words: Has anyone tried to build it on Qt 4.6 lately? I don't
> > think  it does, for some time already ... Some ifdefs in the code make me
> > believe that, they do exist, but I don't think they're consistent enough
> > to make it build successfully.
>
> Wrong - it's built on every commit with Qt 4.6.3:
> https://ci.tmit.eu/job/ownCloud-Mirall/904/console

Wow, neat. :)

(It also means that some of the #ifdeffery in the source is useless and
wrong.)

I see value in being able to build on Debian stable, although I don't use it
myself (using Testing, no problems there). It won't enter the official tree
anytime soon for various reasons (release cadence, iniparser depdendency), so
being able to build it is a nice thing.

Dropping the Qt 4.6 dependency still sounds understandable to me, it's quite
old, and it will not work with the Plasma client anyway (that requires newer
Qt).
--
sebas