[Owncloud] ownCloud Client: Drop support for Qt 4.6

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Wed Mar 6 13:50:34 UTC 2013

On 06.03.2013 14:44, Thomas Müller wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, dem 06.03.2013 um 14:20 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
>> Hi,
>>
>> for various reasons we would like to drop support for Qt 4.6 in the
>> ownCloud Client.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> We will no longer support the current Debian Stable version.

Is Qt 4.6 still supported by the Qt-Project?
Are people using Deb Stable on the desktop?
Is there no way to get newer Qt for Deb Stable? I mean, in the worst
case we could build it in OBS but well, we have packaging hell enough
already. (Did I mention that everybody with spare time is invited to
spend some nice time with packaging with us?)

I know, its hard, but supporting Qt 4.6 is also difficult. When will the
next Debian stable be released?

 > Jenkins will stop to build Mirall as it's a Debian Stable machine.
Thats no argument, because we might be keen enough to install a later Qt
somewhere on that machine and build against that.

regards,
Klaas