[Owncloud] owncloud alpha 1 and LDAP entryUUID

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Wed Mar 6 09:31:56 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 08:56 AM, Dirk Kastens wrote:
> Hi Arthur,
>
>> The problem is, that all other attributes may change (and may be not
>> unique) in the directory server.
>
> At least, in our user management the uid is unique and never changes. It
> is the same across all databases, be it LDAP, AD, or SQL. So I did
> prefer the old owncloud configuration.

The UUID is required to identify a user anyway. And we need a solution
that works everywhere.

For ownCloud 5 it too late to get enhancements into it, [showstopper]
bugs only, because we are about to release.

You can patch it yourself by replacing
the line
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/apps/user_ldap/lib/access.php#L317
with
$intname = $isUser ? $this->sanitizeUsername($this->readAttribute($dn,
'uid')) : $this->sanitizeUsername($ldapname);

and file a feature request on https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues so
we can get it into OC 6 (or maybe even in a maintenance release of the 5
series)

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Arthur