[Owncloud] Best architecture for a new app for showing web previews for any kind of files including office docs( word, power point, spreadsheet )

Bernhard Posselt nukeawhale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:02:55 UTC 2013

There are post_write hooks available to hook into updates and creation
of new files. Maybe it would make sense though to generate those
previews only if users access the file or folder and basically create a
preview on demand.

Theres no standard interface for the thumbnails i think and id
discourage the use of lucene, Ive personally had bad experiences with
performances and lucene. If you want to use it, take a look at
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#How_can_I_index_file_formats_like_OpenDocument_.28aka_OpenOffice.org.29.2C_RTF.2C_Microsoft_Word.2C_Excel.2C_PowerPoint.2C_Visio.2C_etc.3F