[Owncloud] SSO solution and sync clients authentication (OC 5.0.7, user_saml)

alen vodopijevec alen at irb.hr
Wed Jun 26 11:24:32 UTC 2013

On 06/26/2013 12:46 PM, Tornóci László wrote:

> I think there is a simple solution, if you have access to the LDAP
> that is the backend to the identity provider service. Simply untick
> the "Autocreate user after SAML login" and set up LDAP auth too. The
> first prevents the creation of a record in oc_users. The second
> provides you auth for webdav services. This setup works for me quite
> well.

Thank you for your suggestion. We don't have access to LDAP database ..
AAI at EduHr is a service in front of all individual LDAP databases located
at our academic and research institutions - so, LDAP auth is not an
option in this case.

What about OpenID authentication plugin for example? I didn't use it but
I suppouse that there is a similar problem as with other solutions that
doesn't require local password.

--
alen