[Owncloud] External use of calendar

Holger Angenent h_zimm01 at uni-muenster.de
Tue Jun 25 13:08:30 UTC 2013

Hello list,

at our university, we are having a portal for the students which
includes a calendar. For some reasons, we are thinking of synchronizing
it to an ownCloud calendar via the CalDAV interface. The question is,
can we do this automatically, so the users do not have to enter their
passwords every time (and we do not have to store them)?

I would think of a kind of shared secret, which enables our portal to
authenticate at the ownCloud instance. Does anyone have an idea, how to
do this?

Cheers,
Holger