[Owncloud] progress on map app

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Thu Jun 20 16:00:03 UTC 2013

To keep everyone in the loop it’s best if we have this discussion in
the open, in case someone wants to participate. :)
I also included Andrei, who works on integrating Marbe and ownCloud.

I think it’s pretty obvious we should collaborate here on _one_ simple
»Maps« app, using open formats and sync with Marble. Including sharing
is important as well, so you can work together on routes, or have
shared favorites, or just send a public link to a place.

Design-wise full emphasis on the content, which is the map, favorites,
and routes. Hence the map needs to use the full app space, without a
permanent sidebar. Or rather, the sidebar should appear contextually,
and either be slightly transparent or have a bit of margin to the
edges so the map is always visible even on the left side. Take a look
at the new Google Maps if you haven’t seen it yet.

You folks should get a repo at https://github.com/owncloud/maps and
start working together there, using Appframework as base.