[Owncloud] owncloud 5 and user_saml experience

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Wed Jun 19 16:16:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 06/19/2013 02:59 PM, Sixto Martin wrote:
> Hi, Im the author of the user_saml app.
>
> I didn't tested the plugin against the owncloud 5 version yet, I will do
> it this week.

I've tested user_saml quite a lot with OC 4 and it worked very well for
me. However I had quite a lot of issues with it when I started using OC
5. But now with OC 5.0.7 (perhaps due to using the Expert panel in the
LDAP settings) user_saml works fine again! That's very good news, SAML
login is really cool... Of course you need to set up an LDAP backend
anyway (the *DAV services cannot use SAML I guess), but it is still nice
to be able to login using SAML because the SSO capability.

I have only one relatively minor problem: if you log out after logging
in with SAML it tells you you've been logged out, however, you haven't.
(My IdP is capable of single logout). If you visit your OC site again,
you find yourself logged in. If you log out at this point again, that's
when you get logged out for real.
Of course if you close the browser window, that logs you out. I am not
sure if this is a bug in user_saml or in OC or it is just
miscommunication between them.

					Yours: Laszlo