[Owncloud] Server and client side encryption status vs Wuala

Christoph Schäfer schaefer at vcomtec.com
Mon Jun 17 14:16:41 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm curious about the status of the encryption app. I found several discussions on this on the web regarding server vs client side encryption, especially starting in the last year. Is there a roadmap or a wiki page on the current status? I'm very curious on the progress with implementation of client side encryption.

Further, what are the main differences to Wuala? They promote their solution by claiming that the user's password never leaves the local client. Will OwnCloud feature comparable client side encryption in the future as well?

I'm also thankful for any links to ongoing discussions, papers etc. if there is no spare time to write to this topic right now.

Regards
Christoph