[Owncloud] News API Problem

Adam Pigg piggz1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 12:06:12 UTC 2013

Im testing the new news api and having problems logging in.

Testing the API on a desktop browser shows the following behaviour when
specifying the username/password in the URL (basic auth?)

When not previously logged into my owncloud instance:
The api returns error: user not logged in (or words to that effect)

When logged into owncloud:
Works Ok

When testing on my phone i always get the not logged in error even though
im specifying the credentials.

The old api appeared to support digest auth, the new one doesnt (this is
where the web browser prompts for the user/pass if not specified)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks