[Owncloud] ldap question

Timo Springmann timo at orangeorb.de
Thu Jun 13 18:08:21 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

Am 13.06.2013 um 19:53 schrieb Michael Pfitzner <pfitzner at physik.hu-berlin.de>:
> my question is now, how do I restrict owncloud access to users of
> certain groups, without changing anithing at the ldap tree.
>
> I can filter for user whose maingroup is set in the user tree, but these
> aren't all I want to give access to owncloud.

here's my solution to allow all members of the group "owncloud"  to login to my owncloud installation:

$>ldapsearch -x cn=owncloud
dn: cn=owncloud,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=local
objectClass: groupOfNames
objectClass: top
cn: owncloud
member: cn=Test Muster,ou=people,dc=example,dc=local
member: cn=Test2 Testor,ou=people,dc=example,dc=local

OwnCloud User Login Filter: (&(uid=%uid)(memberOf=cn=owncloud,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=local))

You need the "memberof" overlay in your OpenLDAP (http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/guide.html#Reverse%20Group%20Membership%20Maintenance) for this to work.

slapd.conf:
module load      memberof.la
overlay memberof

Regards,
Timo

--
funny, but it's still rock and roll to me